The digital communication base for companies and service providers
The advent of the Internet of Things (IoT) is currently transforming the business of manufacturing companies and machine builders. A new level of service orientation is created in the production and corporate environment. The advancing digitalization requires modular and flexible software solutions.
Virtual Fort Knox (VFK) gives companies access to secure and easy-to-use software solutions. VFK as a communication base networks the internal IT systems with each other, and with machines, sensors, with customers, suppliers, software providers and machine builders. We provide companies with a secure software architecture and IT infrastructure that can be expanded flexibly and easily via IT services and applications themselves or through our competent partners.
- Virtual Fort Knox AG (VFK AG, 2020) is a spin-off of the Fraunhofer Gesellschaft e.V. and has the task to commercialize and develop the Virtual Fort Knox technology.
- VFK technology focuses on linking heterogeneous data sources (sensors, machines, robots, ...) and IT systems (databases, ERP, MES, Q, logistics, AI, analytics, apps, simulations, ...)
- VFK technology was developed in more than 20 funded projects of the Fraunhofer-Gesellschaft (FhG) and used in a practical manner.
- Virtual Fort Knox AG is the point of contact for companies that need support with the implementation of digitization / I4.0 initiatives and are looking for long-term, cost-technically predictable and portable solutions.
- Virtual Fort Knox AG connects customers with excellent know-how carriers from various areas via the well-maintained community network.
- The Virtual Fort Knox basic technology will be made available in the future in a community open source variant and thus offers everyone the opportunity to participate in the further development.
- With the Fraunhofer Gesellschaft as origin and investor, we ensure technical innovations and stability for our customers in the future.